Wednesday 30 November 2011

pre makeup skincareroutine

Before I get in the shower, every other day I start with using Clinique 7 day Scrub Off Cream.
Clinique 7 Day Scrub Off Cream




I massage that onto dry skin starting with my fingers tips and then using the palms off my hands on drier areas of my face. Wash this off in the shower. 

On the days I don't use this i use St Ives Facial Scrub (I use the Invigorating one but there is one for sensitive skin (Gentle) and one for spot prone skin (Blemish Fighting)which is applied to damp skin whilst in the shower. I swear by this facial scrub and have used it for years. It never fails me.
St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub

It is super important to exfoliate the skin on your face but to also remember to not be to harsh as it is very delicate skin. Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells, leaving the appearance of your skin, shiny and healthy. 

Personally I suffer from eczema and generally have quite dry skin so i find exfoliating it regularly helps remove the build up of dry skin. 

Once your face is exfoliated, use a good, creamy moisturiser. I use Chanel HydraMax + Active as I find this one soaks into the skin quickly and leave my skin radiant and fully moisturised all day long. 

Chanel HydraMax+Active Cream




In the winter, when skin becomes drier I tend to use a thin layer of Bio Oil on my face before applying moisturiser as I find this give it an extra helping hand in staying moisutrised and dewy throughout the harsh winter months. Having tried hundreds of different facial oils, this one is by far the best.
Bio Oil





I find that sticking to the same products is better than changing them as often changing your skin care products can mess with your skin. Stick to what you know. 


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment