Wednesday 30 November 2011

removingmakeup

Removing your makeup and cleaning your skin before bed is essential as during the night your body replenishes and repairs your skin. Using the right products before bed will guarantee your body repairing it to its full potential.


I start off by removing my eye makeup. having tried and tested numerous eye makeup removers I have found that oil based ones are a God send for removing stubborn mascaras and liquid eyeliners. Despite it being able to remove my vast amounts of mascara it is also very gentle and you don't feel like it is damaging the precious skin around your eyes. THE BEST EYE MAKEUP REMOVER EVER is a very modest £3 and is Johnson's Daily Essentials Eye Make Up Remover for all skin types.


Johnson's Daily Essentials Eye Make Up Remover




With many products such as makeup and moisturisers, the more you pay the better the result but this is not always the case as i have found out through the years. And, having tried Chanel, Dior, Clinique, Lancome and many other expensive brand eye makeup removers I have found the best one for a mere £3.


Okay so once the eye makeup has been removed I use a face wipe to remove the first layer of make up from my face. Again, having tried numerous face wipes, I always go back to Johnson's Baby Wipes as they remove make up and dirt and have NO chemicals in them whatsoever.USE THEM. 




Johnson's Baby Wipes


Having done that I use and old trick which I promised i'd never tell anyone but here it goes.


Use a cotton wool pad and pour a 50p piece of Johnson's Baby Oil onto it and wipe that over your face. You will be amazed at what happens. The makeup residue and dirt clings to the oil and you are left with a makeup free face. Do this as many times as needed to remove all makeup traces.
Johnson's Baby Oil


Your face may feel greasy after this so just swipe a baby wipe over your face to get rid of any excess oil.


So now all the make up is removed I then go onto using a cleanser and clarifying lotion.


I have 2 cleansers that I swear by and depending on how much time I have will depend on which one I use.


If im shattered and only have a few minutes I will use Lancome Galatee Confort (in English, Comforting cleansing milk). I have used this for over 5 years and swear by it. Its very gentle and so creamy and leaves your skin feeling fab.Pump the bottle 2/3 times and swipe the cleanser over your face using a cotton pad.




Lancome Galatee Confort 


I follow this with Clinique's Clarifying Lotion, which will make your face tingle a bit but that just means its working. Again, swipe this over your face using a cotton pad. This clarifying lotion exfoliates the skin, removes dirt, opens pores and evens out skin tone which helps create a smoother appearance. Check at Clinique for the right one for you as there are different ones for different skin types.This one if for dry/combination skin. 


Clinique's Clarifying Lotion




On the evenings where I want to have a proper good clean I use Liz Earle's Hot Cloth Polish which was recommended to me by a friend when i broke out in spots. WOW is all i can say about this product. Try it - you wont be disappointed. 


Liz Earle's Hot Cloth Polish




Follow with moisturiser or night cream. I tend to use a thick lip balm before bed so whilst Im sleeping my lips care be repaired. I use Blistex Relief Cream. It really is the only thing that will actually rid you of dry cracked lips.


Then I sleep, sleep, sleep.


In my next blog I will be discussing body skincare.


Enjoy


xxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment